Facebook is not something new. We all know that it is one of the top social media platforms these days and there are several advantages linked to it. Facebook boasts of 2 billion daily active users and has become an important marketing platform. It even offers a free online training for advertising on Facebook. Let us explore the important question then, how to promote your business on Facebook.
Facebook marketing is a primary tool that helps to promote your business. It gives room for your brand identity, keeps customers updated and broadens your contacts. It builds relationships with customers and spreads the positive buzz all while turning out to be a handy tool for promoting and advertising your business.
Need help with Facebook Marketing? Get help from the best social media agency in Bangalore
Here is why you should care:
Facebook gives many potential benefits for your business.
- Low-cost strategy and instantaneous
- Easy promotion of product and services
- Effective communication and collaboration
- Access to a bigger network
- Increased engagement with likes, shares, and comments
It is remarkable to know how deep-rooted Facebook has become in our lives, personally, professionally, as consumers and as individuals. Here is some important checklist to promote your business on Facebook:
1. Create Your Business Page & Complete Basic Info
Create a business page on Facebook. If needed, change the category or name later. You should think what your key audience would want to see.
- Fill your about-us page. Be as descriptive and accommodating as possible. This description appears notably near the top of your Facebook page on both desktop and mobile.
- Upload a main profile picture/icon/photo for your page. This photo will appear every time you comment on a post or publish something on a news feed. Photos with square dimensions are preferred.
2. Change/update Facebook cover photo
Your cover photo notifies visitors more about your brand or products or services. Your cover photo highlights how you present your brand or business in other places online. It is important to update Facebook cover photo regularly, which can be used as a marketing tool for events etc. Ensure the picture you are using is of high quality and fits your brand. It is not something to be unseen! Give your hashtags a well-known space within your Facebook cover photo to promote a promotion.
3.Acquiring Facebook Likes and Fans
Post relevant and high-quality content to get more “likes” and “followers”. Receiving more “Likes” and “Followers” involves you to share content that is truly likable and in ways that make your brand friendly for users.
Your Facebook Business Page should be complete, proficient, and on-brand. Cross-promote your Facebook page on other social channels like Twitter etc.
- Increase the visibility of your Facebook Page: People cannot like your Facebook Page if they cannot find you. Make your Facebook page easy to locate.
- Instead of promoting your Facebook personal profile, include a link to your business page in every email that you send out.
- Share content that your followers expect to see on your page.
- Organizing an online contest – people like to win and participate which automatically increases likes and followers for your business page.
6.Promote your Page with Facebook Ads
This is where the fun begins. It is now time to opt for the apt pictures or videos, headline, body text, and the suitable message for your ad that will be displayed on Facebook. Your Facebook ad needs to have a short and catchy headline. There are two ways to create ads, using an existing post or creating a new ad.
When you promote your Page with an ad, you will be able to see how your ad will appear on Desktop News Feed, Mobile News Feed and the right-hand column on Facebook.
With Facebook ads, you can target your users based on their location, age, gender, and interests. By targeting right people, you also get potential customers.
Learn more marketing and digital insights from Facebook IQ
5. Boost Post
Boosting posts is an effective and inexpensive way to get more exposure for your content. It is a simple and easy process – posts are boosted directly from your Facebook Page and you can boost a post for as much or as little as you want. Boosting a post may help you get more people to like, share and comment on the posts you create. Boosted posts are also a way to reach new people who are likely interested in your content but do not currently follow you on Facebook.
6.Promote your page to generate more followers
Most social networks are all about making connections and having conversations. Social media is a great way to find and follow leaders in your business with both the people and other brands that are creating quality content related to your industry. Responding to the follower’s comments, posts in a timely manner makes a lot of difference.
- 34% are likely to buy more from you.
- 43% are likely to spread positive word of mouth.
- 38% will be more open to your advertisements.
- 42% will share your good work with their friends.
That means by responding quickly is good for your business; it is good for lead generation and the future for getting more followers.
7. Measure everything
You can also track your promotion and review your Page Insights to see which types of posts resonate best with your audience. Give your fans and followers content that is appealing to share. When it comes to Facebook, a recommendation from a friend can be far more efficient and targeted than any other outreach you do on your own.
Facebook has revolutionized marketing online to targeted and specific demographics. Whether it is a new business or an existing one, Facebook marketing is quintessential for growth.
Now that you have learned how to promote your business on Facebook, get to it. Create your own business page and share it with us.